[Vit-discuss] content refreshness or lack of [was Brainstorming]

Zach Dennis zdennis at mktec.com
Wed Feb 23 19:08:40 EST 2005

Ben Giddings wrote:

> Newcomers shouldn't *need* to go elsewhere to find important resources.

to clarify myself... since I want to make sure I'm not being
hypocritical. I agree that newcomers shouldn't need to go to another
site to find important resources. However I do believe that if a user is
redirected from the ruby-lang.org site to another useful site with that
information, that that is just as good!

As long as they can find the information FROM the ruby-lang.org site
then I agree. But I don't think all important information should have to
be listed on ruby-lang.org itself, only that users should be able to get
to that information from the ruby-lang.org site.

Zach