[Vit-discuss] Brainstorming

Masayoshi Takahashi maki at rubycolor.org
Wed Feb 23 15:45:03 EST 2005

Hello,

Michel Martens <blaumag at gmail.com> wrote:
> The community now is not on ruby-lang, but on this
> list, on RedHanded, on LoudThinking, etc.

I think Matz want to use *.rubyist.net for communities.

In fact, Matz's and some rubiyst's blogs are on http://www.rubyist.net
and Nihon Ruby no Kai (Japan Ruby Group) uses http://jp.rubyist.net.

IMHO, current ruby-lang.org is for developers or heavy
users of Ruby, not beginners nor light users.
I don't know it's good or bad, but I think it's not so bad
(and not so good).

ruby-lang.org should be a trustworthy site. The most important
content is official "News and announcements."
Useful documents and references are better things,
but not "must" things in ruby-lang.org (but at least
some important documents must be linked from ruby-lang.org).

Regards,

Masayoshi 'Maki' Takahashi     E-mail: maki at rubycolor.org