[Vit-discuss] content refreshness or lack of [was Brainstorming]

Curt Hibbs curt at hibbs.com
Wed Feb 23 15:18:41 EST 2005

David A. Black
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Ben Giddings wrote:
> > Ok, but would you agree that there are certain resources that really do
> > belong on the Ruby homepage?
> Yes -- principally links to projects and resources that are hosted
> elsewhere, plus whatever's hosted there.  I don't think the line
> between those two categories is important.

I agree with this. The main thing is to have the important links on
ruby-lang.org. Whether those links point to things on or off the
ruby-lang.org site is not particularly important.

The only thing I would add is that I wouldn't want critically important
stuff (whatever you want to define that as being) to be hosted exclusively
on sites that could easily go away (say if the owner was hit by a bus). We
need to have community backups of important stuff.