[Vit-discuss] content refreshness or lack of [was Brainstorming]

Martin DeMello martindemello at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:38:33 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:38:25 -0500, Todd Grimason <todd at slack.net> wrote:

> 3) less often updates for "bigger" news, ie. conferences, new ruby
> releases and/or patches, etc. (like php.net)
>
> Third is probably in-between the other two for workload, and IMHO kind
> of what people would expect to see. I've never really gone back to
> perl or java sites in the past for anything but docs and/or
> downloads. I don't know that the 'official site' is really a place for
> chatty community stuff - pointers to it definitely - but maybe not a
> host for it.

I'd second this - I think the primary purposes of ruby-lang should be
(i) A place for newcomers to get a good introduction to the language
and  (ii) The official site for ruby resources (sources, platform
binaries, documentation, tutorials, advocacy material, faqs, 'real
world ruby' stories, links to application repositories and the wiki,
etc)

martin