[Vit-discuss] Choose the Core Team

Michel Martens blaumag at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:01:21 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:42:41 -0500, Todd Grimason <todd at slack.net> wrote:
> * Michel Martens <blaumag at gmail.com> [2005-02-21 23:33]:
> > I've put some screenshots of my work at http://www.soveran.com/portfolio
>
> semi-OT: what's an 'isologo'? Makes me think 'isotope'... which makes
> me think maybe this is a literal translation of 'logotype'?

isotype = shape
logotype = word
isologotype = shapes and words
isologo = syntactic sugar (!) for isologotype

After a little research, I've found that in English the isotype is
usually called "emblem", and the logotype with a not so distorted
typeface is called 'brand name'. Even though we have words for
'emblem' (emblema) and for 'brand name' (marca), in Spanish the Greek
words described above remain almost untouched, and in a conversation
between designers you can hear them all the time. Most people (not
including designers) just refer to them all with the generic 'logo' (I
think just like in English).

> Nice work by the way...

Thank you very much!

Michel