[OT] RedHanded CSS (was Re: [Vit-discuss] Accessibility aspects of design.)

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 18:54:59 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, why the lucky stiff wrote:

> Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>
>> I have had problems on the redhanded site, which I tried to raise
>> with _why ... I suggested adding 'margins: auto;" to the stylesheet.
>
> I've worked on changing this, but simply adding 'margins:auto' or the like
> doesn't fix the problem in all browsers.  I'm sympathetic to your plight.

Supporting all of them is tricky.
> What makes RedHanded difficult is the amount of code in our posts.  I will
> fix this, just waiting for a bright idea.

When I widen the browser that column doesn't drift to the left, I
get lots of space on the left.  Don't know if that helps...

Thanks for looking into this.  In other respects your setup works
well, and maybe Hobix could play a role in the new ruby-lang.org
(said he, dragging it back on topic, a bit!)

> _why

         Thank you,
         Hugh