[Vit-discuss] Brainstorming

Ghislain MARY nospam at lunacymaze.org
Mon Feb 21 15:49:10 EST 2005

Hi,

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Let's use this thread to do some brainstorming on the ruby-lang-org site.
>
> - What should is be/do/look?
> - What should it not be/do/look?

I believe there are 4 points that we should think of:
  - Accessibility, as it has already been discussed a little in an other
thread.
  - Internationalization, which is not the best quality of the current
ruby-lang.org site. I think we should have a system which enables us to
have teams for each languages to translate the content easily. It would
be great to not only have an english and a japanese site, but also
several other languages (according to users available for translation),
for example french, italian, korean (on the main site and not somewhere
else on the web) and so on...
  - Clarity. By that I mean ease of navigation and the ability to find
what you search without having to spend hours for this. This includes a
good visual design (colors, logos, all these sorts of things), and a
good content design. It would be great to have significative urls
instead of things like http://ruby-lang.org/en/20020101.html which means
nothing to the user going to see the page.
  - Conformity to the XHTML and CSS standards.

Here's my little contribution.

Ghislain