[Vit-discuss] Brainstorming

Zach Dennis zdennis at mktec.com
Mon Feb 21 10:48:11 EST 2005

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Let's use this thread to do some brainstorming on the ruby-lang-org site.
> - What should is be/do/look?

- simple, clean, elegant
- nice logo
- perhaps some background image for menu bar or buttons (maybe a little
- the search should be closer to the top of the page and better
emphasized, right now you dont' see it unless you are specifically
looking for it

> - What should it not be/do/look?

- simple and clean is good, but if the site looks like it was created in
1994 then I think we are stepping on our own toes
- not a whole lot of images, and no rotating images (like animated gifs)
- dont go all red and white, (but if it is all red and white make sure
there is more white then red).
- When everything is red it is hard to differentiate visually links from
emphasized text from borders from headers from background colors