[Vit-discuss] Accessibility aspects of design.

Zach Dennis zdennis at mktec.com
Mon Feb 21 09:15:41 EST 2005

David A. Black wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>
>> I know that the committees are not fully formed yet, but
>> can I put in a plea for accessibility to be considered as
>> a high priority?
>

> Absolutely, as far as I and (I trust) everyone here is concerned.
> This should be a sine qua non of any plan.  We have colorblind, blind,
> visually impaired, and deaf people in our community (just to enumerate
> those I am personally aware of for whom the issues you discuss might
> be crucial), and the stylesheet mechanism, along with considerations
> of underlying design, should be leveraged to make things accessible to
> everyone.

I like sites that have the [small font] [LARGE FONT] etc...(i only have
two sizes when typing in plain text, so visualize with me) option on
their web sites to allow for the user to switch the font size on the
page. This may be another option to look at (I know browsers allow you
to change font size as well).

Zach