Worth supporting 1.9 conditionally?

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:12:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Tim Pope <vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info> wrote:

> I'm also curious what's missing. I know there are issues when 1.9 style
> symbol hash keys are reserved words (had to revert my own fix for that due
> to side effects).

Nothing interesting.  I just noticed some of the predefined constants/variables
were missing.  E.g. RUBY_ENGINE, __ENCODING__, __callee__ etc.

> Perhaps -> should be highlighted (but what group?).

I just stuck it in rubyOperators for those fond of rainbows.  I don't really
think it needs highlighting otherwise.  "->" and "lambda" are roughly analogous
to "||" and "or".

> Those are the only omissions I've noticed, speaking as someone who's spent
> the last month working in 1.9.

Longer than myself then. :)