Worth supporting 1.9 conditionally?

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Tue Aug 31 23:14:14 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Doug Kearns <dougkearns at gmail.com> wrote:

> G'day all,
>
> I was just going to add some missing 1.9 syntax items and was curious
> if anyone had strong feelings, either way, regarding configurable 1.9
> support.

Also opposed. Configurable 1.9 support might make sense if people only used
1.8 or 1.9 exclusively, which I imagine is pretty uncommon in this
transition period.

I'm also curious what's missing. I know there are issues when 1.9 style
symbol hash keys are reserved words (had to revert my own fix for that due
to side effects). Perhaps -> should be highlighted (but what group?). Those
are the only omissions I've noticed, speaking as someone who's spent the
last month working in 1.9.

Cheers,
Tim