% Matching With Vim/Ruby

Scott LaBounty slabounty at nexatech.com
Fri May 21 13:35:25 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: vim-ruby-devel-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:vim-ruby-devel-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Scott LaBounty
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 7:34 AM
To: Vim-Ruby Devel ML
Subject: RE: % Matching With Vim/Ruby

-----Original Message-----
From: vim-ruby-devel-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:vim-ruby-devel-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Doug Kearns
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 7:05 AM
To: Vim-Ruby Devel ML

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Scott LaBounty <slabounty at nexatech.com> wrote:
> All,
>

> Not sure if this is the right list or not, but I'm trying to get matching to
> work (using %) in vim in a ruby file. For example if I have the following
> code:
>

> 1.upto(10) do |n|
>
>     puts n
>
> end
>

> If the cursor is on the "do", I'd like to hit the "%" key and have it go to
> "end".

This works 'out of the box' with the b:match_words defined in the
distributed ftplugin.  Is there a particular reason you're redefining
it?

Doug,

Thanks for the reply.

It didn't seem to be working out of the box (actually, I hadn't realized it should). I just removed my file and confirmed that it doesn't seem to work for me. I checked and I do have the ruby files in my /usr/share/vim/vim72 directory. Anything else I should check?

Scott

Doug, et al.,

I just checked and there is a matchit.vim in my /usr/share/vim/addons/plugin and /usr/share/vim/vim72/macros. Do I need to copy these elsewhere to get them to work?

Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't done a lot of vim work lately.

Scott

Confidentiality Statement:
This message is confidential and may contain confidential information it is intended only for the individual[s] named herein. If this message is being sent from a member of the legal department, it may also be legally privileged.   If you are not the named addressee[s] you must delete this email immediately; do not disseminate, distribute or copy.