Vim/Ruby release!

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at
Fri Aug 1 21:29:56 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 11:02:03AM +1000, Doug Kearns wrote:
> My only concern is that in working around it we neglect making
> improvements to Vim's Ruby interface.  I know Tim was doing some work
> on it last year but I'm not sure of the end result.

I stalled out when debating just what sort of backwards incompatible
changes were acceptable.  Parts of the API are horribly broken but I
know Bram greatly values backwards compatibility.  I haven't discussed
it with him.

That, and I don't really have a way to test it on Windows.  The way
the dynamic linking works on Windows means there is a big chunk of
if_ruby.c that's essentially in a #if 0 block on my setup.

If I could find a solution for Windows testing I'd be willing to take
it up again.