Git migration

Doug Kearns dougkearns at
Fri Aug 1 20:56:22 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Tim Pope <vim-ruby-devel at> wrote:
> Okay, since nobody raised any objections I'm preparing to make the
> migration to git official.  Here's a status report.
> Mark created a vim-ruby account on github and pushed up my import to
> it.  He and I are currently the only collaborators.  Any other
> maintainers who would like to continue in that role should send me
> their github accounts so I can add them.  In a few weeks, I'll
> probably "retire" anyone who hasn't responded.

I don't feel particularly strongly about it one way or the other, but
I thought we were planning on using RubyForge for the 'official' repo?

> I'm going to advise we continue maintaining the changelog until we
> decide on a replacement practice.  Please write well formed commit
> messages as well (a subject line around 50 characters or less, a blank
> line, then an optional body wrapped to 72 characters).

While I'm quite partial to the GNU ChangeLog format this does seem
like redundant work.  Aren't there a few tools to generate a GNU
ChangeLog anyway?

> If there are no substantial objections, in the next few days I'm going
> to make it official by updating any documentation I find.  I'll also
> create a CVS commit deleting everything and adding a text file
> pointing to the new repository.

Thanks for working on this.