Vim/Ruby release!

Thomas Adam thomas.adam22 at
Tue Jul 15 17:22:37 EDT 2008

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:17:15 -0400
Tim Pope <vim-ruby-devel at> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 05:11:34PM -0400, Tim Pope wrote:
> > There's a lot of annoying $Id: ...$ chatter in the history.  I can
> > squash them all to $Id$ to eliminate that noise if people think
> > that's a good idea.  One of the first commits on the new repository
> > needs to get rid of them entirely since git doesn't support it.
> > (Do we need some sort of replacement identifier like a version
> > number?)

gitattibutes allows for $id$ expansion on git checkout -- and it's
useful when preserving history for a project migrating to GIT, for
> Err, one more thing.  Is it worth rethinking the ChangeLog policy?

c.f. git shortlog to generate such a file.

-- Thomas Adam

"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my
head." -- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.