Vim/Ruby release!

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Tue Jul 15 17:11:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 05:23:22AM +1000, Doug Kearns wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 3:53 AM, Tim Pope <vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I will investigate creating a git repository on Rubyforge in the near
> > future.  Could you make me a project admin on vim-ruby?

Okay, I've done a prototype of the import and put it on github:

http://github.com/tpope/vim-ruby
git clone git://github.com/tpope/vim-ruby.git

Before officially switching over, does anyone see anything wrong?  I'm
looking for things like "you misspelled my name".

There's a lot of annoying $Id: ...$ chatter in the history.  I can
squash them all to $Id$ to eliminate that noise if people think that's
a good idea.  One of the first commits on the new repository needs to
get rid of them entirely since git doesn't support it.  (Do we need
some sort of replacement identifier like a version number?)

Cheers,
Tim