Vim/Ruby release!

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Tue Jul 15 16:37:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 04:31:42PM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
> <(15/07/08 10:26) Tim Pope>
> > On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:06:48PM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
>
> > Hate to sound like a broken record, but I'd really like to make the
> > move to git.  The only question I can see is who's repository will be
> > official (assuming we use github).  I don't fancy a recurring payment
> > for a vim-ruby github account just for this project.
> >
> +1 to git.
>
> Afaik github is free for open source projects, they have a 100mb repo
> size limit on free accts. It's only when you want private or very large
> repos that payment is required.

The TOS prevent one person from having multiple free accounts.  That
means we couldn't have a shared repository we could all push to.

> I'd assume the official repo would be at rubyforge.

I think that's the route we should take.  Pity that means we can't
fully take advantage of the social aspects of github if we go that
route but for a small project like this I guess it doesn't matter.

Cheers,
Tim