Syntax highlighting regressions

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Sun Jun 29 00:42:44 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 12:26:08AM -0400, Tim Pope wrote:
> > 3. It seems a minus sign preceding numbers is now being matched as
> > part of the number highlight group.  Is that intentional?  As the plus
> > sign is not being matched I assume it isn't.  I did have a
> > conversation with Bram about this years ago and he seemed to recommend
> > excluding the sign chars as most of the syntax files do.
>
> Yes it was intentional.  I think it looks better and I might have been
> doing it for some other side effect but I no longer remember so if you
> want to strip it out, go for it.

Err, to further clarify, the omission of "+" was unintentional.  I've
gone ahead and pulled out "-" highlighting for now but I'd really like
to see it restored at a later point.  Note that -(3) calls the unary -
operator on 3 but -3 is a literal syntax that does not.  So I think
highlighting the "-" as part of the number makes sense.

One further request.  As soon as the suite is in satisfactory
condition, could we go ahead and email it to Bram and deal with the
release notes and release after the fact?

Cheers,
Tim