Syntax highlighting regressions

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Sun Jun 29 00:26:08 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 04:39:07PM +1000, Doug Kearns wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I haven't had a chance to investigate these yet but I notice that:
>
> 1. The escaped delimiter in regular expressions are no longer
> highlighted correctly:
>
> %r$foo \$ foo$
I can't reproduce this; \$ is highlighted as rubyRegexpEscape here.
Is that not desired?

> 2. rubyInvalidVariable seems to be overly aggressive in its matching
> of invalid variables.  E.g. it picks up any variable with a leading
> "$_"

Eek, fixed that particular case.

> 3. It seems a minus sign preceding numbers is now being matched as
> part of the number highlight group.  Is that intentional?  As the plus
> sign is not being matched I assume it isn't.  I did have a
> conversation with Bram about this years ago and he seemed to recommend
> excluding the sign chars as most of the syntax files do.

Yes it was intentional.  I think it looks better and I might have been
doing it for some other side effect but I no longer remember so if you
want to strip it out, go for it.

Thanks,
Tim