Syntax highlighting regressions

Doug Kearns dougkearns at
Sat Jun 28 02:39:07 EDT 2008

I haven't had a chance to investigate these yet but I notice that:

1. The escaped delimiter in regular expressions are no longer
highlighted correctly:

%r$foo \$ foo$

2. rubyInvalidVariable seems to be overly aggressive in its matching
of invalid variables.  E.g. it picks up any variable with a leading

3. It seems a minus sign preceding numbers is now being matched as
part of the number highlight group.  Is that intentional?  As the plus
sign is not being matched I assume it isn't.  I did have a
conversation with Bram about this years ago and he seemed to recommend
excluding the sign chars as most of the syntax files do.

I'll leave it an extra day anyway to give you a chance to answer these
or if you're busy I'll fix them tomorrow night when I have the extra