ruby << EOF in vimscript broken in Vim 7.1

Mark Guzman segfault at
Fri May 18 22:30:49 EDT 2007

Tim Pope wrote:
> I was actually researching another problem when I discovered this.
> All the rails specific omnicompletion (and probably, everything
> involving buffer loading), has stopped working for me as of 7.1, even
> with all applicable optios set and identical versions of
> rubycomplete.vim.  Mark Guzman, can you shed any light on this?

I'll look into it this weekend, I've been working on overhauling the
rubycomplete stuff anyway. Can you email me tarball of your vim config
and possibly point me at some example code where it breaks? My initial
testing under windows, linux and osx doesn't show any issue currently.
I'm testing with mephisto on all platforms and it's possible that
something that's getting loaded from the buffer is effecting the
completion stuff. The probability on that last one is pretty low, as
the current version doesn't load the actual code from the buffer, only
skeletal method/class definitions.