Change of administrator? (Was: Imminent Vim 7.1 release, can we make it?)

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:50:28 EDT 2007

On 5/17/07, Doug Kearns <dougkearns at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sorry for the late reply.  No objections from me, but no need to
> > consult me, either :)
>
> Heh, you're still the maintainer and IIRC you were quite keen on
> keeping it basic.

It never occurred to me that whatever was being discussed was not
basic.  I probably didn't fully understand it anyway :)

> > If someone would like to take over the administration of this project
> > from me, please do.  I'll still follow the list with interest, but the
> > reality is this: I haven't contributed anything for ages and that's
> > unlikely to change.
> >
> > Doug: you've been managing releases and so on for quite a while.  Want
> > your name up in lights at Rubyforge? :)
>
> Well, I tend to shun publicity but I suspect my anonymity is safe even
> if I do accept your offer. ;-)
>
> Actually, you Tim and I are all listed as administrators.  What extra
> powers are you offering to relinquish?

Good point.  I'm offering to relinquish any presumption among other
people that I need to be consulted on changes.  If people want to make
drastic changes to the project, so be it.  Even if I objected, I
wouldn't pretend that my objection would count for anything :)

It's good that you two are administrators; it means the project is in
good hands.

Gavin