ruby << EOF in vimscript broken in Vim 7.1

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Wed May 16 01:44:29 EDT 2007

Hi all,

As the subject states, the following is broken in Vim script syntax
highlighting in 7.1.  This was overlooked because vim.vim always
sources the ruby.vim from the current directory, not the one from the
runtimepath.

ruby << EOF
  def foo
  end
EOF

Apparently, the use of TOP is taken to mean vim script, not ruby,
even though it is declared in vim script.  Most of this is inside the
"expensive" ruby block stuff.  Skipping this (ala eruby) might be a
cheap way to fix this problem.  Anyone have any other easy ideas?

I'll look at the more tomorrow; I just wanted to get it out there so
people can think about it.

Cheers,
Tim