Imminent Vim 7.1 release, can we make it?

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Sun May 6 22:17:35 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:42:00AM +1000, Doug Kearns wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Tim Pope <vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > The first beta of Vim 7.1 is out, and apparently Bram intends on doing
> > the release in the next few days.
>
> Bram and his two day betas, eh? ;-)

Yeah, I know.  It's mostly a humdrum incremental release, so he's not
anticipating many problems.

> > Doug, any chance of us doing a
> > release in the next 24 hours or so, in time to make it into the next
> > Vim release?  I'm going to start working on the NEWS file now.  Let me
> > know if you need any additional help; I'd really like to get the new
> > eRuby stuff into 7.1.  If/when you email Bram, don't forget to let him
> > know to add *.erb to the ftdetect script.
>
> That should be fine. Have you been running from CVS since the last release?

Yes, and tweaking it here and there.

There is also documentation that needs to be updated (the syntax one).
In addition to *.erb, there are a couple of other extensions I've
added to ftdetect as well.  I'm linking a patch (over the list size
limit) against the latest Vim CVS that you can send to Bram if you
want.  It might make things easier for him.

http://rails.vim.tpope.net/vim-ruby.patch

Cheers,
Tim