Drastic proposal: rename eruby to rhtml to make way for an HTML free eruby filetype

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 06:08:38 EDT 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Tim Pope wrote:

> Perhaps we should start by making a list of common filetypes combined
> with eruby, so we can see what the common cases are.  So far I have
> YAML - used with ERB in Rails
> C - as mentioned by Hugh Sasse
  Java -- See Code Generation In Action, mentioned before.

  There is a school of thought that programmers consider
  [0, 1, Many] as the numbers that are important.  Thus I suggest
  C + Java  implies C#, C++, ... and any language which doesn't have
  it's own templater available.  Things like Perl and Lua may not
  need ERB...  Which doesn't mean someone won't use it anyway.