eRuby and matchit

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:01:59 EDT 2007

Tim,

I noticed this recent ChangeLog entry.

2002-03-09  Tim Pope  <vim at tpope.info>

	* ftplugin/ruby.vim: Skip class= and for= with matchit (really
	  belongs in ftplugin/eruby.vim).

I've actually got a patch lying around for eRuby which I'll post later
that attempts to fix this by joining both the b:match_words and
b:match_skip values.  One of the problems with this approach, which I've
mentioned to Benji, is having to parse the s:, S:, r: and R:
abbreviations for b:match_skip.

This is a good example of where the 'magic' approach to the eRuby
filetype breaks down as, from memory, I had to manually add a couple of
extra HTML syntax groups to skip. :)