More syntax highlighting fun

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at
Sat Mar 3 11:18:22 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 08:24:01PM +1100, Doug Kearns wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:50:50AM -0600, Tim Pope wrote:
> <snip>
> > Yes, generally they should be.  I know a rather active Debian package
> > maintainer for Vim; I'll see if I can get some answers out of him.
> Did you have any luck?

I have word that it's going to be fixed.  I was waiting until the
change was officially committed before posting back.

> I noticed that you've made a recent change to account for them changing
> 'isk'.  A quick inspection reveals that setting it to their value (which
> I find hard to fathom) also breaks highlighting in other ways.  I'd
> really prefer that we didn't chase their's hard enough
> getting this stuff right as it is. ;-)

This change was for an even more ridiculous value of 'isk' that was a
side effect of a plugin.  In general I don't think it's worthwhile to
hack around this sort of thing but this was a really easy change so I
made it.