ANN: New stable release - 2007.02.02

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at
Fri Mar 2 17:00:54 EST 2007

On Mar 2, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Tim Pope wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:59:44PM -0600, Mark Volkmann wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 2007, at 3:59 AM, Doug Kearns wrote:
>> I've just sent up vim-ruby-2007.02.02.
>> I just installed this with "gem install vim-ruby".
>> That's all I need to do, right?
> You also need to run vim-ruby-install.rb to copy the files where Vim
> can find them.

Okay. I've done that now.

>> The announcement contains this. "ri has been added as the
>> 'keywordprg' and 'balloonexpr' is set to return the
>> output of ri". How do you use ri from vim?
>> Is there a web page that explains how to use all the features of vim-
>> ruby?
> Not that I'm aware of; most of what vim-ruby does happens
> automatically anyways.  For the two features mentioned above, see the
> Vim help:
> :help 'keywordprg'

"Program to use for the K command." I read on further, but didn't see
anything that helped me understand what this does. Maybe I'm just
being dense.

> :help 'balloonexpr'

This seems like it could be cool. I'm guessing it will let me put the
cursor on a Ruby module, class or method name, press some key, and
see help in a popup tooltip. I tried to enable this with ":set
ballooneval", but it says "E518: Unknown option: ballooneval".

Here's the version of Vim I'm using.

7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled May 8 2006 12:56:43)
MacOS X (unix) version