More syntax highlighting fun

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at
Sat Feb 24 20:47:22 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 09:14:52PM +1100, Doug Kearns wrote:
> The following are incorrect at the moment:
> def end?; end
> def end=; end
> def end!; end

I missed these because apparently Debian patches the ftplugin to set
iskeyword+=!,? .  The merits of this are debatable so I'm not copying
that, but I will be copying the keywordprg=ri they also patched in.

To further the original point, even the following is valid:

def end; end

Yes, end really can be a method name.  So I'll be changing the pattern
to something like "\%(\<def\s\+\)\@<!\<end\>".  This still doesn't fix
the indenting, but that's a much tougher nut to crack.