Method definition highlighting

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at tpope.info
Wed Feb 21 01:49:24 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 05:29:53PM +1100, Doug Kearns wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:47:49AM -0600, Tim Pope wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The amount of Identifier highlighting has always bothered me with the
> > current syntax file, actually.  I've tried disabling various things to
> > reduce it,  I'm happy to hack around it, but if while we're discussing
> > the subject, I figure I may as well throw my two cents into the pot.
>
> I take it you've noticed ruby_no_identifiers?

Sure.  It's rather all or nothing though.  Basically the only thing
left is method declaration highlighting then (and talk is of
eliminating that too).  Nonetheless, I can hack up just about anything
with enough :highlight rules, I'm just after the most sensible
possible defaults.  If I could only define sensible.