rubyFunction, rubyClass, and rubyModule no longer highlighted

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at
Sun Feb 18 21:07:21 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 12:43:43PM +1100, Doug Kearns wrote:
> So, unfortunately, this won't work.

I've already committed.  Since none of the three patterns is perfect,
I guess we need to come up with something different.  Nikolai's
pattern seems to meet both our criteria here, but has a side effect of
breaking folding (or else I would have used it already).  Perhaps you
can fix that, Nikolai?  I'm not doing anymore tonight, but I can take
a look tomorrow or so if you don't.

> Just out of interest, did you specifically drop the '#' from the end
> pattern?  The following is valid syntax:
> def foo# a comment
> end

No, I kept # in the pattern.  Must have been a botched up copy and

> > I also have a few other minor changes that make the colors easier to
> > tweak (things like grouping regexps together as rubyRegexp).
> Go for it! ;-)

I made a major change to how string interpolation works; try it out.