Omni completion stack overflow

Doug Kearns dougkearns at
Mon Feb 12 23:54:22 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 09:10:54AM -0600, Tim Pope wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 08:48:49PM +1100, Doug Kearns wrote:

> > I'm also experiencing random(ie. I haven't had time to find the cause)
> > segfaults so I just want to check the above first.  Note that I'm not
> > using rails.vim so it may be different to the other recently fixed
> > problems.
> Both stack overflows and segfaults can be caused by initializing the
> ruby interface (the first time :ruby is used) in a sufficiently nested
> context.  Try adding "silent! ruby nil" to your vimrc.  If this
> hides the problem, the true cause is some other plugin initializing
> the ruby interface.

Thanks for that, I managed to overlook your explanation in the
"s:rubypath in ftplugin/ruby.vim" thread.

Initializing the interface in my vimrc does seem to eliminate the
problem but running the omni completion script alone is enough to
trigger it (ie. when my ~/.vim contains only the vim-ruby runtime

Has this general problem been reported 'upstream'?