RSpec and GEMS DSL Keyword Additions to ruby.vim?

Sam Roberts sroberts at uniserve.com
Wed Jan 31 17:42:58 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:48:49PM +1100, Doug Kearns wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 04:25:30PM -0500, Rob Muhlestein wrote:
> > Downloaded the latest ruby-vim but still don't see the following
> > keywords in ruby.vim. I've added them to my own but would a patch to the
> > ruby.vim in this project be worth it? If so, I'll submit what I have.
> >
> > RSpec DSL:
> >
> > GEMS DSL:
> >   require_gem

> Personally I'd prefer these (with the exception of require_gem/gem) were
> not added to ruby.vim.  I think that file should simply be for
> highlighting the 'core language'.

I agree.  I don't really mind that more and more functions in my
libraries show up in pretty lights on my screen, but I do think its a
bit odd.  Having functions from some libraries hightlighted in vim.ruby
based on popularity seems weird to me. Lots of libraries use "setup" as
a method, and the highlighting is going to get more and more
inconsistent.

Is there a way to load particular sets of highlighting depending on what
kind of ruby file is being edited? That would be nice. Or perhaps extra
files that if they are copied to the local .vim directory, they take
effect for that user?

Cheers,
Sam