RSpec and GEMS DSL Keyword Additions to ruby.vim?

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 08:18:12 EST 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> On 1/31/07, Doug Kearns <dougkearns at gmail.com> wrote:
> > G'day Rob,
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 04:25:30PM -0500, Rob Muhlestein wrote:
> > > Downloaded the latest ruby-vim but still don't see the following
> > > keywords in ruby.vim. I've added them to my own but would a patch to the
        [Rspec, gem keywords and comments trimmed]
> > Personally I'd prefer these (with the exception of require_gem/gem) were
> > not added to ruby.vim.  I think that file should simply be for
> > highlighting the 'core language'.
>
> Yes, thank you.

I'd agree with leaving them out of the ruby filetype for the
reason you give here...

> A couple of months ago it would have been assert_X that someone would
> have wanted.  What will the scenario be in six months?
>
> Please add stuff like this in your after/syntax/ruby.vim file instead.

... but it might be useful to distribute recipies for after/syntax/ruby
so that people can add them correctly and easily.  Maybe vim tips
on the vim site is sufficient, but it would be nice to keep them near
the ruby vim stuff -- "All the ruby vim mods you could want in one box!".

>   nikolai

        Hugh