new rubycomplete for testing

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Fri Jan 19 10:31:36 EST 2007

>>> sender: "Mark Guzman" date: "Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 11:52:03AM -0500" <<<EOQ
> I've checked in the version of rubycomplete that I've been working on.
> It passes my current tests. If anyone has some time, please grab it from
> cvs and test it out please.
>    --mark
Hi,
I just downloaded the version from CVS yesterday and am experiencing
some crashes.

if I do this:
[].each do |a| a.<C-X><C-O>

At omnicomplete point it just crashes, sometimes from the first try,
other times by simply deleting the . then trying again .<C-X><C-O>

You can use anything in place of 'each', it will behave the same.
Also you can write that as multiline, properly close the do with
an 'end', and then try to complete 'a.' it will still crash just
the same.

I am using this version of vim:
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.0 (2006 May 7, compiled Sep  7 2006 18:25:18)
Included patches: 1-91
Compiled by Alexandru Ungur <alex at rb.no-ip.biz>
Normal version with X11-Motif GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
-arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse +builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
+clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments
+cryptv -cscope +cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic
-emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search -farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path
+folding -footer +fork() +gettext -hangul_input -iconv +insert_expand +jumplist
-keymap -langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu
+mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape -mouse_dec +mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
-mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm -multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme +netbeans_intg
-osfiletype +path_extra +perl +postscript +printer -profile +python +quickfix
+reltime -rightleft +ruby +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline
-sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white +tcl +terminfo
+termresponse +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit
+visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup
+X11 +xfontset +xim +xsmp_interact +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save

Let me know if you need any other info, a strace log, etc.

Ok, besides the bug reports,
I just want to say thanks for the great work, it's a really nice plugin.

Cheers,
Alex