ERuby indenting

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at
Thu Nov 9 17:35:29 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:01:40PM +0100, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Bram can be a bit overzealous at times (no offense meant - he's right
> most of the time).  I have a hard time believing that tab
> space-compression-scheme saves us anything over what gzip/bzip2 do.
> Especially considering that we're messing up the huffman coding.

I think the concern is uncompressed, not compressed size.

> Ooh, no modelines please.  Modelines are bad, mkay.  Hm, seems like
> most files in vim-ruby do have them, though...

While I've seen some horrible abuses of modelines (in one plugin I
even saw t_vb=), This seems like an appropriate use.  We both likely
have expandtab set by default for the vim filetype; this modeline
allows for one exception without worrying about having to remember it.