ERuby indenting

Tim Pope vim-ruby-devel at
Thu Nov 9 16:35:53 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 09:25:24PM +0100, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Do so.  The less I have to do the better :-).  Also, someone seems to

> have put tabs in the script.  (Or they've been there all along).
> You're free to replace them with the appropriate number of spaces.
> I've decided that tabs are a hack and I don't use them any more.  Let
> the flame-war begin.

I find tabs to be more trouble as their worth as well.  However, my
understanding is that Bram prefers them to help keep the size of
runtime files down.  While I dislike tabs, Vim makes it just easy
enough that I'm willing to oblige (my biggest issues arise when having
to deal with non-Vim users/environments).

I have gone so far as to add a modeline specifying 'noet' to
indent/ruby.vim when I committed the patch.  Feel free to remove it; I
have no stake in the matter.