[OT] mixed lang metaprogramming w/ vim?

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 12:39:09 EDT 2006

I'm generating (not quite repetitive enough to refactor) C code from
Ruby, so there are lots of strings with C code in them, but with
Ruby 'escapes' #{@variable} in them.  I can't find much about how to
get vim to highlight the C bits in a more C like way, and I'm not
sure how to make vim flip between languages within a file  for the
more general case.   Does anyone have any URLs that are "Not to be
missed!" on this please?   I know that one's mileage will vary with
such an approach, but if I can reduce the errors by better highlighting
that would be good.  Is there a better way to do this sort of thing
which would avoid my having to torture Vim into doing this?