What's the latest?

Nikolai Weibull now at bitwi.se
Wed Jul 5 16:10:17 EDT 2006

On 7/5/06, Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about snippets?  Haven't heard about them for a while, but
> coincidentally the most recently updated plugin on the website is
> "snippetsEmu" [1], created by Felix Ingram.

As far as I have determined, snippets that don't suck are impossible
to implement in Vim, as we don't have real persistent marks.  Having
something like Emacs's overlays would be sweet, but Bram didn't seem
interested, so someone'll have to write it for us.  And I am not
available.
(I'd much rather complete my own editor[1] than start trying to
understand Vim's internals.  I just can't read code with #ifdefs
everywhere.)

> Any outstanding indenting issues anyone wants to bring to my attention? :)

Probably, but  I am in "accepting patches only"-mode right now.

  nikolai

[1] http://git.bitwi.se/?p=ned.git;a=tree