complete status

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Sun May 7 03:13:58 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 10:09:06AM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:

<snip>

> Ahh, ok. I'll add some error handling around that spot. Something
> meaningful like 'The class "Foobar" was already loaded, the new
> definition conflicts with the old. Unable to determine completion.'
> Some of these things don't occur naturally in my thought process yet, I
> guess I'm a bit to much of a tinkerer.

It seems these new error messages are not seen because the standard Omni
status line is overwriting them. The completion list is also just
returning the initially loaded classes methods in this context. I thinks
it's better to fail in this case and return an empty list.

Is there something better than calling sleep to enable the user to read
an internally generated message?