complete status

Mark Guzman segfault at hasno.info
Sun Apr 30 13:07:18 EDT 2006

Doug Kearns wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:41:59PM -0400, Mark Guzman wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> Please test the current cvs version if possible.
>>

> class Foobar < String
>   def <C-x><C-o>
> end
>
> If you change the superclass of Foobar after the buffer has been
> 'loaded' attempting completion results in:
>
> Error detected while processing function rubycomplete#Complete:
> line   22:
> TypeError: (eval):71:in `load_buffer_class': (eval):1:in `load_buffer_class': superclass mismatch for class Foobar
>
> Which is inconsistent with its behaviour prior to changing the
> superclass.
>
> Regards,
> Doug

Doug,
  Unfortunatly I can't seem to reset the ruby session in vim. So once
you load a class definition your stuck with the basic definition. What
you did attempted to reload the class, which would add on any new
methods normally. Its inconsistent because its effectively invalid,
imagine defining Foobar in a file and then later in the file defining it
again with a superclass. Ruby would spit out the same error. I'm not
entirely sure what can be done in that case.
  --mark

--
sic transit gloria et adulescentia
blog | http://blog.hasno.info/blog