bug removal

Mark Guzman segfault at hasno.info
Tue Apr 25 11:22:50 EDT 2006

Doug Kearns wrote:
> I just had a quick look at this and it seems to be due to the
> 'workaround' code you introduced in r1.4. Since this cWORD expansion bug
> has now been fixed in Vim is it still required for any reason?
Thats actually necessary, I may remove the cWORD expansion. cWord will
only pull the word after the cursor, so in cases like "abc.<complete
here>" we would be passed an empty string
and in general we want to know that "abc" was part of the completion.
The main problem is the assignment. I assume you'd like it to complete
the list of globals.
The bug your seeing stems from those two issues, expand("cWORD") -> ""
and the line is "x = S". "x=S" ends up being processed,
but doesn't strip off the "x=", so it finds no valid completions. I'll
add some code to strip off the assignment.

sic transit gloria et adulescentia
blog | http://blog.hasno.info/blog
wiki | http://wiki.hasno.info