preliminary rubycomplete documentation for review

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 03:42:05 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 08:35:34AM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

<snip>

> Perhaps if the ft-ruby-omni docs included a link to the website people
> would know where to look for updates and updated information.

Well they should know to look in the runtime file header. That's why
it's there - same as any other runtime file.

> Also, if it's embedded, people should know that compiling with +ruby
> is a necessary but not sufficient condition for omni completion: it
> must be enabled in the .vimrc or (better) an ftplugin file.  Another
> reason to link to vim-ruby.rubyforge.org.

This is no different from all the other omni scripts - they all have the
same requirements which are documented in the Vim help.

> I must confess I hadn't realised that the Ruby *syntax* docs were
> embedded.  Since they are, let's ensure the omni ones are too.

Hmmm, must be because the defaults are so spectacularly good.

> And what about a website link in the syntax docs, Doug?

Well if we're going to go down this path perhaps we could also consider
creating a file like:

:help sql.txt