preliminary rubycomplete documentation for review

Mark Guzman segfault at
Thu Apr 20 09:40:45 EDT 2006

Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On 4/20/06, Doug Kearns <dougkearns at> wrote:
>>>  4. After ':' or ':foo'                    Symbol name (beginning with 'foo')
>>> How does that sound?  Completing symbols is completely different to
>>> completing methods, so it's confusing to read them lumped together.
>> Sounds good to me. I've added it to doc/ft-ruby-omni.txt
> So this is user documentation, not to be inserted into insert.txt like
> Mark distributed to us?  It's the user's responsibility to generate it
> after installation?
No clue on my part, I assumed it should follow suite with ft-c-omni et. al.

> Rails uses a lot of symbols, to be sure, but once you've typed it once
> anywhere in any buffer, symbol completion is only a CTRL-P away :)
Irb/complete provided the symbol list, we can always pull it out. Though
it is nice to have some of the rails symbols handy.

sic transit gloria et adulescentia
blog |
wiki |