Indenting bug: }

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 20:50:51 EDT 2006

*** Forwarded from comp.lang.ruby (message by Vincent Foley) by Gavin
Sinclair ***

A few months ago, I posted a message in which I said I found a bug in
Vim's Ruby indenting.  I tried the version from October 7th today, and
the bug I had reported has been fixed.  However, I uncovered a new one:
blocks in arrays.

The following code (indented in Emacs)
arr = [
  MyClass.new { |x|
    x.some_method
  },

  MyClass.new { |x|
    x.some_other_method
  }
]

Is indented like this in vim:
arr = [
  MyClass.new { |x|
  x.some_method

},

  MyClass.new { |x|
  x.some_other_method
}

]

I know full well that vim script is a horrible language and that
getting indenting right must be a very hard task, but I hope someone
with enough knowledge of Vim can fix this issue.