had trouble getting matchit support working

Sam Roberts sroberts at uniserve.com
Sun Mar 26 05:33:18 EST 2006

Quoting dougkearns at gmail.com, on Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 08:34:39PM +1100:
> > I'd sure be happy if the support was merged with vim-ruby for the next
> > release.
>
> This was merged several years ago so all you should need to do is
> configure the general matchit plugin. I gather this didn't work?

Hm, well, yes, I guess it does. Quite nicely.

Thanks!

I guess I started down the wrong path when I installed with
vim-ruby-config. I looked at matchit-install, but it lead to a section
called "Adding a help file", which seemed wholly irrelevant to me,
though now I understand why the FAQ points there.

When I read the FAQ, and it said matching should work, I looked at the
wiki and tried to follow its advice, and from there I was completely off
track...