new SnippetMagic plugin

Jeff Rose rosejn at
Wed Mar 1 10:38:08 EST 2006

Shoot.  I never use the arrow keys so I forgot about this problem.
Maybe someone on the list has an idea what's causing the abc's to get
printed when the arrows are hit in insert mode.  (up=A, down=B, right=C,
left=D) You can look at the bottom of snippetMagic.vim if you have the
plugin, or this is an example of what I'm doing:

" Remap the down key "
" NOTE: This nullifies active snippets. "
function! SnippetMagicDown()
if g:snippet_active
   call SnippetMagicFinish()
return "\<down>"
imap <Down> normal :call SnippetMagicDown()<cr>
vmap <Down> :call SnippetMagicDown()<cr>

I just included a patch and posted a new version that should fix some
issues with snippets that included periods and dollar signs.

Thanks for the help,