snippet magic, slicker & slimmer

Jeff Rose rosejn at
Fri Dec 16 09:27:49 EST 2005

You can find an updated version of SnippetMagic available here:

After discussing it with Gavin, I've written a converter to go from the
TextMate formatted bundles to a native ruby format so loading and
parsing files is now dramatically faster.  In addition I think it will
now correctly handle tabs according to the settings you have specified
in vim.  Still have some issues to fix with selected text and nested
snippets, but with help from the vim-dev crew I think I might be moving
toward a solution.

Please, try it out and break it.  Bug reports and especially patches
would be greatly appreciated :-)  I've gone through and commented
everything pretty extensively so hopefully its not too hard to jump in.