License

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 05:12:56 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Nikolai Weibull
<mailing-lists.vim-ruby-development at rawuncut.elitemail.org> wrote:

> A lot of crap has been going on in my life lately and I guess it shows.
> I really hope that none of you has come to think of me as a bit of an
> asshole for lashing out on the slightest of issues.

Not an asshole, but slightly touchy in an amusing way.  The Ruby
community takes all comers :)

> Gavin: you've done a fine work and I appreciate the attention that the
> vim-ruby project has gotten as a result of it.

Well, it wasn't exactly me who created the indent/ruby.vim file, was
it? :)  BTW, I'm going to change the name of the "maintainer" in that
file to yours rather than mine, if it hasn't been changed already.  I
don't have the slightest idea how that stuff works!

And Doug's the de facto maintainer now.  I can't imagine myself
creating another release unless he gave up on it :)

> I still think that vim-ruby should have an even closer relationship to a
> central Vim repository.  However, this is a big issue and is not
> something that we are solely responsible for finding a solution to,

Well, yeah.  It really depends what Bram wants.  If we can use Vim's
CVS, great.  If we can't, I don't see what other options there are for
a "closer relationship".

Cheers,
Gavin