License

Tim Hammerquist tim+vim-ruby at vegeta.ath.cx
Thu Oct 13 19:19:26 EDT 2005

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> > Fair enough.  You seem to feel much more strongly against,
> > than I feel in favor, and that's enough for me.
>
> Man, beyond the anger management class I should really take
> a course in writing and perhaps also one in rhetoric.  I don't
> care much one way or the other, but I don't see a reason to
> use GPL over Vim's license either.  I think that if using
> Vim's license makes for a simpler release cycle (and keeps our
> headers clean), then that's the way to go.  But I don't want
> to force the issue.

Don't worry.  I said you feel more strongly than I do, which
really doesn't take much.  I've just heard the subject come up
in other projects and thought I'd throw it out there for
discussion.  In truth, I'm much more in favor of consistency
than any sort of GPL zealotry I've seen in some groups. :)

> A lot of crap has been going on in my life lately and I guess
> it shows.

Life has a way of doing that. :)

> Doug: the same goes for you.  You've queried me politely about
> issues and made me take the time to fix some bugs in my code,
> without bending my arm.  Thank you for staying cool and for
> the pleasant side-discussions.

Dough, I wanted to add my own thanks to this, as your name is
the only one I see commiting to "my file" for the last 2 years.
I wish I could have been a more active member of the group, but
I'm glad it's grown into something better! Thanks!

Tim